Choosing the right interior door is an essential thing when it comes to creating a specific atmosphere in your apartment. With a wide variety of interior door solution available, you may find it hard to decide what model would be the most suitable for your home, but if you are looking for an extravagant modern interior door that will add value to your surroundings, bi-fold doors can be a perfect decision for you. Nowadays, lots of homeowners decide to use bi-fold doors to complement their unique design and there are a few reasons why that type of interior door has become so popular.
Peculiarities of Bi-Fold Interior Doors
Bi-fold door is well-known as a type of sliding or folding door featuring a series of sleek panels. Another popular term used to describe it is «concertina door». That name of bi-fold doors was inspired by the musical instrument as they look very similar. They can be easily used for external and internal locations while complementing your apartment with a sophisticated decorative element. Bi-fold doors fold back panel by panel, rather than opening out on a traditional hinge. They can include up to seven panels depending on the size of the opening and serve as a wonderful space divider.
Where to Use Bi-Folding Doors?
Generally, bi-fold interior doors have been used for closets, but contemporary design has no clear rules allowing you to experiment until you achieve the look that will fully satisfy your aesthetic desires. Bi-fold doors showcase a flawless solution for houses with a considerable lack of space as due to peculiarities of their construction they are great space-savers, so instead of massive interior doors featuring opening-radius, you will get a light and stylish option that will enhance the overall look of the place where you usually spend lots of hours. It is a great idea to use bi-fold doors in flats. The range of options to choose from is mind-blowing. Modern market offers doors made out of quality wood, vinyl as well as there are door leaves featuring glass inserts.
What Should You Know Before Buying a Bi-Fold Door?
When it comes to buying interior doors, it is important to keep in mind a few simple rules that will help you to make the right decision and acquire a set of interior doors that will please you with their look for a long time.
Firstly, quality bi-fold doors should be made out of durable material. You can find three main materials used to create bi-fold doors that include aluminum, timber, and uPVC. Aluminum is the most reliable material out of three. It is lightweight and can easily blend with various types of contemporary designs. Timber can boast of a beautiful look as it is often stained or painted, however, it is more capricious in terms of maintenance and feels heavy to use, while doors made out of uPVC are the most affordable option but not the most reliable one.
Also, consider the room you are to install bi-fold doors. Whether you would like to connect kitchen and dining room, laundry room and kitchen, or bedroom and en-suite bathrooms, there are numerous solutions available that can decorate your apartment and define your choice of interior doors.
You can accessorize your bi-fold doors with sophisticated handles, but remember that they should match the general style of your house as well as highlight the bright individuality of your interior doors.
Benefits of Bi-Fold Doors
- Bi-fold interior doors represent a marvelous solution for small areas as they slide back into the wall when open and save lots of space.
- They offer considerable visibility of the room as well as maximum space. You can easily transform one enormous room into separate areas with a help of superb bi-fold doors.
- Compared to French doors, bi-fold doors are slimmer and their elegant look can make your apartment more spectacular.
- Some models feature a glass option allowing you to fill your rooms with a flow of natural light. That will create a pleasant atmosphere in your house and brighten up your environment with a stylish decorative element you have always wanted to have.
- One of the greatest advantages of bi-fold doors is the fact that they are easy to maintain. The only thing you need to do to make them look perfect for a long time is regular cleaning that is needed to prevent dust from gathering on the door’s surface.
- Bi-fold interior doors feature unparalleled range of choice where each model has its own bright features and unique character, so you can find a design that will help you to put your idea of interior style into practice.
If you are searching for ways to make your apartment look brighter, bi-fold doors can help you to achieve the desired style and ultimately change the atmosphere of your space. It is time to forget about boring traditional doors and try something new.